Campus Visit 2014 brought Missouri high school and undergraduate students to Truman State University and A.T. Still University on June 12 and 13, 2014.
At Truman State University, students loved exploring undergraduate programs in health while:
- Testing and treating with a speech pathologist
- Measuring with cutting edge technology at the exercise sciences department
- Wrapping ankles on the field with Athletic Training
- Assessment and treatment of a birthing patient with simulated patient mannequins with nursing instructors
- Exploring the ways that health science creates professionals who keep us safe.
At A.T. Still University, students discovered skills attained through attending professional school including:
- Analyzing swabbed samples for growth with a microbiologist
- Working through the puzzles of side-effects and polypharmacy with a pharmacist
- Interacting with a D.O. student and learning about the particularities of his career choices
- Practicing skills on real dental model heads
Students also had the opportunity to tour Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine and Missouri School of Dentistry and Oral Health as well as use ultrasound to find tumors and assess fetal growth, and try their hand at basic life support skills in the simulation lab.
This event is open to high school and college students who are Missouri residents.
Please email [email protected] with inquiries, and stop back in Spring 2015 for updates on the next Campus Visit event!