- Collaborative A collaborative network of the A.T. Still University of Health Sciences- Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, the University of Missouri School of Medicine, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, and seven regional AHECs working together to address Missouri’s health workforce needs.
- Community-Directed Community based Boards in each AHEC region direct the AHEC programming to meet identified needs.
- Needs-Driven AHEC programs respond to identified health workforce needs, with special emphasis on rural, minority and under-served communities.
- Outcomes-Oriented All AHEC programs are carefully designed to contribute to increasing the supply of health care professionals providing care for under-served populations.
- A Federal-State-Local Partnership AHEC successes spring from and require a continuing partnership between federal, state, and local resources.