2018 Missouri AHEC Science & Health (M*A*S*H) Camps
M*A*S*H camps are two-day “hands-on” science and health summer day camps for students entering 6th, 7th, and 8th grades; aimed to spark an interest in healthcare and science prior to high school coursework. Camp instructors include health professionals, health educators, and faculty from area high schools and colleges. Students participate in a variety of activities including chemistry/biology labs, scrub/dissection labs, Emergency Medical Service demonstrations, hospital tours, and other healthcare career activities.
M*A*S*H Camp goals are to:
- generate interest in science and healthcare careers,
- involve students in “hands-on” learning experiences, and
- expose students to the variety of healthcare careers available.
The camp fee of $45.00 includes the following:
- two-day camp instruction
- classroom materials
- lunch & snacks
- M*A*S*H Camp t-shirt
- group photos, and MORE!
If you would like to contact our office for more information, please call our office at 660-665-6404. We look forward to hearing from you!
In 2018, NEMO AHEC coordinated 3 M*A*S*H Camps in the following counties: Pike, Marion, & Lincoln.
Special Thank You to Our 2018 M*A*S*H Camp Sponsors!
- Pike County: Pike County Memorial Hospital & Bank of Louisiana
- Marion County: Hannibal La-Grange University & Hannibal Regional Hospital
- Lincoln County: Mercy Hospital Lincoln, Stefanina’s, & Casey’s General Store
Special Thank You to Our 2017 M*A*S*H Camp Sponsors!
- Lincoln County: Mercy Hospital Lincoln
- Linn County: Brookfield High School & Pershing Memorial Hospital
- Pike County: Pike County Memorial Hospital, Bank of Louisiana, Family Drug & Mercantile Bank of Louisiana
Special Thank You to Our 2016 M*A*S*H Camp Sponsors!
- Linn County: Brookfield Middle School, Pershing Health System, Knowles Family Health Clinic & Dr. Tom & Marggie Pitts
- Marion County: Hannibal Chiropractic, Hannibal Regional Hospital, & Hannibal-LaGrange University
- Lincoln County: Lincoln County Medical Center, & Friends of Lincoln County Medical Center