Applications for the ACES Program are now being accepted!
ACES (AHEC Career Enhancement Scholars) is a 2-year program designed for high school and undergraduate students interested in pursuing a career in healthcare. Students in the ACES program participate in online and hands-on workshops on central topics in healthcare:
Public Health, Infection Control, HIPAA, Cultural Competency, Health Literacy, Vital Signs/CPR, Healthcare Ethics, Professionalism, Job Shadow Etiquette
The goals of the ACES program are to:
- Promote healthcare providers in under-served areas of Missouri
- Provide a competitive edge in attaining healthcare career goals
- Build relationships between students and communities
- Nurture the students’ career interests through educational experiences
Please complete the application and all required supporting materials
- Two letters of recommendation from your school counselor or faculty member
- Essay that explains your personal interest in a healthcare profession and what you hope to gain through ACES
- Copy of transcript through the previous quarter of application date
Applications can be hand-delivered or mailed to:
ATTN: Laura Wallace
312 S. Elson St.
Kirksville, MO 63501